Thursday, August 25, 2016

Poor Doyle 11/29/07




Poor Doyle. I don't know who this man is or what he did but he's got some people mighty upset.

It started several months ago, we'd get a random phone call asking for Doyle. I'd always say something like, "There's no one here by that name" or "Sorry, you've got the wrong number."

They were from collection agencies and law firms in Texas.

No problem, right?

The last caller thought there was a problem. 
Here's the call from a law firm in Georgia:

Me: Hello?

Man on phone: Can I speak to Doyle _____ please?

Me: I'm sorry, there's no one here by that name

Man on phone: Really.

Me: Really!

Man on phone: So you don't know Doyle_____?

Me: Nope, don't know who he is

Man on phone: Really.

Me: Really!

Husband (in background): We don't know the guy

Man on phone: THEN WHO IS THAT I HEAR?

Me: That'd be my husband

Man on phone: Really.

Me: Really!

Man on phone: And what's his name?

~Husband takes phone~

Husband: That is none of your business

Man on phone: (says something about him being Doyle)

Husband: We've had this phone for two years, I am not Doyle. This is the parsonage, I am the pastor of the church next door

Man on phone: You don't sound like a pastor

Husband hangs up.

Man calls back. We let the machine get it. Man calls back again, husband picks up.

Husband: Hello?

Man on phone: I'm sorry sir, you were right, we checked the number and it belongs to you.

Really?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment